Monday 7 November 2011

ALL ABOUT DENCIA, LIZ GARVY AND THE PEPPER-SPRAY AT THE HEADIES 2011!








This is kind of like stale news as it happened like two weeks ago, but I find it too fascinating and also just in case you missed it and carried last! Before I get to the story; I just want to say (and feel good with myself) I was one of the first to hear the gist as my good friends J and C (for security reasons, name with-held; hahaha) were present when the pepper-spraying in the ladies happened. J even had some pepper-spray enter her eyes (pele dear, na you go use ladies that time). So it's something I've been following. Now read on! 



So Liz Garvy(left), a well known fashion entrepreneur with a few boutiques in Lagos, got into a nasty girl fight with former friend, upcoming Cameroonian singer and us-based video model, Dencia (right), at the bathroom of the Eko Hotel, venue of the Headies Award which held last month. The physical altercation which saw Dencia almost stripped naked was the outcome of a friendship gone sour.
Basically what happened was that Dencia went around telling people that Liz stole $20, 000 from her when she visited her house in the US last year. Liz was furious about the allegations and was waiting for a confrontation. They met at the Headies Award and all hell broke loose.

A few days after the fight, Liz Garvy released her version of what happened between them. 



Reprudencia (Dencia) added me on Facebook in 2008 and I accepted. She kept in touch via phone calls and FB mails. She said she liked making friends with Nigerians and I noticed we had some common friends on Facebook. So I relaxed and accepted her as a friend. Then she kept asking me to send her money so, she could get me good bargains during sales. I told her that I would rather visit;so she could take me round the stores where I could get the bargains. Anyway, anytime I was in the States, I would send her a mail saying I was around and she would say she was in some country or the other. Then in September, I was ready to open my Surulere and Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria outlets so I took a trip abroad. While in the UK, I was chatting with Reprudencia and she was trying to sell me some skin whitening injections and pills. I told her I wasn’t interested in getting light, but my friend that I was staying with said she was interested and I passed the phone for them to talk. They spoke for a few minutes and agreed to do business. The next day, my friend sent Reprudencia $2000 and she promised that the package would be ready by the time I got to the US.

She had been advertising surgeries and her being an agent for some surgeons. So I told her that I might be interested. A week later, I was in L.A (Los Angeles), I lodged in a hotel and she picked me up 2days later. She said she was moving into a new place, so we went together to pick the keys from her landlord. She asked if I could stay at hers, of which she had to collect a loan from me to buy some things for the house. Next day, her flat mates moved in. She had introduced me to a website, telling me how it would be nice to order sunglasses from the site; I did just that, since the owner of the site was supposedly her friend. I found out after a week of staying with her, that everything she had said to me on FB and BB were all lies. She had no car, no house, absolutely nothing and no job, I rented the car she drove around and even paid for the bed I slept on and I paid for everything from groceries to clothes she picked while I was shopping for my business.

She talked my eyes off about me being black and fat, till I agreed to follow her to the surgeon at least for consultation. By then my friend Blossom, had come to meet me in Los Angeles because we were due to go to Las Vegas. We all later went to see the surgeon and he quoted $18,000 for liposuction, of course I made it known that I couldn’t afford it. There and then the doctor stated that he could not give a discount because there was an agreement with Reprudencia, that if she introduced 3 clients she would get a body makeover, it dawned on me then that she was trying to make us pay for her surgeries...Things went awry from then on.

She tried every trick in the book to get money from me, including trying to talk me into paying for a fake social security card. She took me to her so called friend, who supposedly had the link, she even stated that he had done hers for her and she would advice I get it, so I would be able toget a credit card and ‘other things’, I noticed at her friends place, that they were quick to accept whatever I proposed to pay, so I excused myself and had a chat with her about the so called deal.

This girl went as far as stealing my credit card to go shopping, without my knowledge. When I realized what was happening, I called my bank and reported. At a point after 3 weeks, I had discovered she was a scam artist, so I had a confrontation with her. I contacted an Italian friend of mine, who warned me about her, he told me she duped him and a couple of girls from her country-Cameroon...So I had to tell him what was going on, he advised to confront her. The day I confronted her, she flared up and threatened to call the police to throw me out. It took my friend and her friend some minutes to calm her down.

She claimed the company she ordered the injections from had delivered when we went out and since no one was at home, they took it back. So I asked for a proof that she ordered them, either an online receipt or a credit card statement that shows the transaction. At that point, she realized I had caught on, so she sent an email from her laptop to the so called company, and then replied herself, via her Blackberry. She had totally forgotten that her Blackberry had a signature, so unfortunately at the end of the so called reply sent by the company, there was her name, an indication that it was sent from her BB.

At that point, I was shocked to my bones, it dawned on me that she was a thief and I had been duped. The sunshades, social security card, injections, credit card spending...so I decided to leave, I called a cab, by the time the cab arrived, she had gone out. Her landlord was at herapartment fixing her toilet. I moved to a hotel and waited for a week to see if the injections she claimed to have ordered for my friend would arrive. By then, my friend was upset, she said she would hold me responsible because I was the one that knew Reprudencia and she had sent the money because I said she was my friend.

The little time I spent at Reprudencia’s I saw her tell lies upon lies to her friends. She told them she had bought the house, she claimed the car I rented was bought by her. I couldn’t come to terms with such fake life...she’s was living a champagne life on a palm wine income and making people on Facebook believe the grass was green on her side.

On getting back home and realizing we (Blossom & I) had left, she started accusing me of stealing her shoes and clothes. That sounded absurd to me. First, she is a UK SIZE 4 and Blossom and I are size 12. Secondly, how I was going to sell used clothes in my stores was baffling to me.
Thirdly, the shoes she claimed was stolen were a pair of GianMarco Lorenzi copy that she bought for $130, I sell these shoes but I don’t own one.
She had told me her sister seized her passport because she was traveling too much instead of going to school...She must have told lies too, so I would not know all the so called trips she claimed to have made were not true. Then all of a sudden she sent me a mail 3 months later claiming she couldn’t find her passport and she was sure I must have taken it.
She’s a full Cameroonian citizen with a US student visa, so what on earth would I do with her passport. I don’t speak French and I have a valid US visa so I couldn’t get my head around the accusation.

I have proof of the various scams, mail exchanges between her and I, chats between us, chats between my Italian friend and I dated last year. She claims to have an arrest warrant for me; I have been going back and forth from the States since late last year and even this year. Didn't I go through the airport when I left Los Angeles back to London? She claims to have a video of theft concerning me, I would like her to produce it or be ready to present it in court. I own four stores in Lagos; I have no partners, so I wonder how on earth I would be stealing clothes from a tramp like Reprudencia.




As for me, I'm waiting for Dencia to speak! Babes speak up oh! so the drama can be sweeter! hehehe! By the way, if you are a serious last carrier and you haven't seen her video. You can check it out! 




*Got the statement and details for Linda Ikeji's blog!

From me; it's Ode! 

*ode means see you tomorrow in Urhobo*

2 comments:

  1. heheheheheh...na wao ! I just heard about this Dencia babe like last week...smh!
    The things people do for fame and money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stfu and stop tryna get popular by bringing up old stupid stories....just STFU and get a life,stop talkin shit...

    ReplyDelete